MONTICELLO, N.Y. (September 13, 2018) - The Sullivan County Partnership for Economic Development has announced that...
Fifteen Sullivan County non-profit organizations have been awarded $25,200 in Arts for Sullivan Decentralization grant funding for cultural programming in 2016. Allocated by the New York State Council on the Arts, Arts For Sullivan funding is administered by the Delaware Valley Arts Alliance (DVAA) and judged by a volunteer panel of informed Sullivan County artists, teachers, cultural leaders and business people.
Granted organizations and programs are:
• Barryville Area Arts Association for “Community Building Through the Arts”
• Callicoon Center Band for its annual summer band concert series
• Delaware Valley Chamber Orchestra for “Music of Our Time” concert
• Delaware Valley Opera Company for production of “Carmen”
• Delaware Youth Center for “Summer Youth Arts and Theatre Program”
• Friends of Sunshine Hall Free Library for Autumn Sunday lecture series
• Icehouse Arts for “Kid Flix: Film Making Classes for Youth”
• Jeffersonville Enhances More of Sullivan (JEMS) for “Around the World in Jeffersonville”
• Livingston Manor Free Library for “Seniors Fine Arts Sampler”
• Phillipsport Community Center for Wednesday “Music Nights at the PPC”
• Sullivan County Community Chorus for annual Spring and Holiday choral concerts
• Sullivan County Historical Society for two permanent exhibit openings
• Sullivan County Historical Society for “Woodsongs Coffeehouse”
• Town of Fallsburg/St Andrews Church for “Chamber Music at St Andrews”
• Town of Lumberland Cultural Series for a concert series
An Arts for Sullivan Awards Ceremony and Brunch will be held in coming months at the Delaware Arts Center in Narrowsburg. The ceremony is free and open to the public, and all who wish to get to know the cultural groups and artists in their communities are encouraged to attend.
DVAA facilitates another arts and cultural programming grant cycle, this one funded by the Sullivan County legislature, called Sullivan County Arts & Heritage Grant program. All non-profit cultural groups in the county are eligible to apply.