About SC Partnership
Last updated on May 30th, 2018
ABOUT THE PARTNERSHIP
Who We Are
The Partnership for Economic Development in Sullivan County is a private non-profit economic development agency. It consists of dues-paying private Investors from the Sullivan County business community, representatives from the County of Sullivan, local municipalities, local school districts, workforce development, and representatives from the Sullivan County Industrial Development Agency. The Partnership is comprised of a board of directors, officers, task-oriented committees and a staff of three that carry out the operations of the organization. The membership, through its duly elected board of directors, dictates policies and strategies that promote thoughtful development in Sullivan County.
The Partnership Board of Directors is a group of duly elected successful business people committed to establishing our county as a community and business center, while improving the quality of life for our families and residents. The board meets regularly and sets policy under which the Partnership professionals function. With decades of business experience and successes, board members volunteer their time to provide strategic business advice and operational guidance in carrying out the mission of the Sullivan County Partnership for Economic Development. It is with this formula that our organization promotes, creates, and facilitates economic development in Sullivan County.
“To promote and coordinate the economic development of private businesses in Sullivan County in order to benefit the general public by enhancing the quality of life and improving the standard of living for all the inhabitants of Sullivan County”
- To develop an effective and timely response to prospects interested in bringing business and/or industry into Sullivan County.
- To develop an effective and timely system of addressing the needs of small business in Sullivan County in the form of retention and expansion programs.
- To develop a cost effective recruitment program that identifies target industries compatible with Sullivan County resources.
- To develop an inventory of existing land, buildings and financing programs that will enhance our ability to successfully recruit business and create jobs in Sullivan County.
- To represent the business perspective in and out of Sullivan County to all interested audiences.